RETURN TO CAREERS
At TheTake, we are dedicated to giving viewers immediate access to the products they discover in the content they love. Basically, this means we make movies and TV shows shoppable. As a team, we are constantly focused on reducing the friction between inspiration, identification and purchase. Our mission starts with solving a user problem and ends with unlocking billions of impressions for brands and retailers.
A million dollars isn’t cool. You know what’s cool? Being able to find and buy Justin Timberlake’s suit in just two clicks. You can help make that happen.
Working at a startup requires one to wear many hats. This is especially true of our front end engineers. They spend their time jumping between very different codebases, navigating through code from other companies with little to no technical guidance, making flashy TV interfaces so partners can demo our tech, building line-of-business apps that leverage the output from neural networks, creating dashboards used by Hollywood executives, and enabling retailers to sponsor media content on shows all across the world.
From an outsider perspective, we are a backend API company; however, you can have a broad impact on our business from the front end.
Versatility is the name of the game. You are a web developer, but are often required to pick up new languages. You will learn and experiment with new technology.
You will work closely with, and sometimes on, UI and UX design. You will have a huge impact on visual and functional design of the product.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and object oriented design principles
- 3-5 years of software development experience, with an emphasis on web applications and front end technologies
- Experience with RESTful JSON web services
- Understanding of web architecture and back-end integrations
- ECMAScript 2015+
- CSS preprocessors (SASS/SCSS, LESS)
- Front-end frameworks like Angular, React, or Vue
- Know what the frameworks you use are actually doing in the background
- Solid working knowledge of source version control software (e.g. Subversion, Git)
- Writing, maintaining and prioritizing software tests
- You don't need to be writing SQL queries or Java/Python/etc. server code, but be able to understand what it's doing.
- Conducting code reviews, adhering to and establishing standards
- Exceptional documentation
- Clean, maintainable code
- Often moving between projects requires you to be organized and produce clear documentation. You can work independently and take a project from concept to implementation, asking the right questions and working through ambiguity.
- Be okay working on line-of-business tools - your work often won’t be seen directly by the consumer at home
- Passion for movies, TV, or fashion
- Eye for design
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision
- Ad tech experience
- Experience handling browser compatibility issues.
- Experience building enterprise or line-of-business apps
- Experience with data visualization and presentation (like D3)
- Public GitHub repository and active community contributions
- Experience building data visualization applications is a plus
- Passion for data visualization and experience with D3 or other charting libraries
- Experience with continuous integration methodologies such as Jenkins
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine or mocha
- Experience UI testing methodologies and modern testing practices
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (both unit and end-to-end) in a continuous deployment environment.
- Experience with Java web frameworks
- Experience with SQL (writing, debugging, optimizing queries)
- Be able to full stack debug an issue
- Knowledge of AWS products and how to use them.
- Experience with project management tools like Trello, Monday.com, Confluence
TheTake is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.